[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Adding JBoss AS source to a project

henk de boer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 30 14:52:03 EDT 2010

henk de boer [http://community.jboss.org/people/henk53] replied to the discussion

"Adding JBoss AS source to a project"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/534731#534731

> Max Andersen wrote:
>
> And yes, adding AS source distribution an easier way would be good - but for that to work we need some kind of co-release with AS that has the src available so if you point to such a thing we could attach it as source automatically. My understanding was that such a thing doesn't yet exist...do you know of one ?
>
> My best bet is that AS 6 should have maven artifacts for all its .jars so this should be much easier done for that.
>
> That of course leaves the question what to do for AS 4 and AS 5

Just curious, has any progress been made on this issue?

I had manually hunted down a lot of source attachments in the JBoss AS source directory (some are quite hard to find, like servlet-api.jar has its sources in jboss-web-sources.jar or something like that). However, when I moved to a new installation, I had to re-attach all those dozen of source code jars again. I'm starting to remember some now, so the third or fourth time along it gets easier, but it's still a rather unpleasant task to do.

Thank you again for taking the trouble to look into this.