[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Encryption problem using wsrunclient

Sidney Zurch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 6 20:34:43 EDT 2010

Sidney Zurch [http://community.jboss.org/people/zurchman] created the discussion

"Encryption problem using wsrunclient"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/541717#541717

Is there some logging dependency affecting encryption somewhere in the the JBoss 4.2.3/3.1.1 native client libraries?

What looked to be a WS-Security server decryption problem now appears to be a problem with the encryption by the client.

I am running a standalone WS-Security client requiring encryption using wsrunclient.sh.

If I run the client with logging unconfigured, the server throws a "Decryption was invalid" fault.

But if I configure logging and set org.jboss.ws to TRACE, the Web service works as expected, which must mean that the client successfully encrypts the message - if enough logging is turned on.

I have never had to configure logging before for JBossWS clients that did not use encryption.

Original post:
 http://community.jboss.org/message/539899#539899 http://community.jboss.org/message/539899#539899

Related post?:
 http://community.jboss.org/thread/151244? http://community.jboss.org/thread/102555?