[jboss-user] [jBPM Development] - JBPM-2537

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 10 03:34:29 EDT 2010

Maciej Swiderski [http://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] replied to the discussion

"JBPM-2537"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/541972#541972

Alejandro Guizar wrote:

> I reviewed the patch today. It looks OK; however, since timer expiration is mostly a special case of cancel, expiration, cancellation and any other form of premature task termination can be handled through a single cancel(outcome, state) method. I have attached a new patch to  https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBPM-2537 JBPM-2537. Let me know what you all think.
>
> On a different topic, I am not quite happy with the addition of the TimedActivityBehaviour interface and Execution.signal(String, boolean) method just to deliver a timer expiration signal. It should be possible to do it through the existing ExternalActivityBehavior and Execution.signal(String, Map) by passing a special parameter that indicates the cancellation state ("cancelled", "expired" or any other). I'm going to explore this path next week.
Works fine. Like you changes, they simplify it, so that's great.

I would agree if we are talking only about expiration/cancellation of tasks then perhaps we could skip additional interface. But since there could be some custom activities defined I think there will be a need for distinguishing it (I mean cancel and timeout/expired). In some cases it is important to know if activity was executed manually by signalling or automatically on timeout event.

Looking forward to your exploration results.

Start a new discussion in jBPM Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2035]