[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jbpm 4.1 using "clob" variables

Tim Struyf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 10 11:51:14 EDT 2010

Tim Struyf [http://community.jboss.org/people/tim83] created the discussion

"jbpm 4.1 using "clob" variables"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/542076#542076

We've been using JBPM for quite a while now, it's running smoothly.

However today one of our users ran into a character size limit apparently caused by storing to large texts on the JBPM context.
The user entered more than 280 or so characters, and apparenlty the column that jbpm uses to store the variables can only hold 255 characters , resulting in an oracle error!  :x

I noticed the variable table contains a column text_value_ which is a CLOB, and I was wondering how I could store my variables in that column to avoid the character limit.  Is there a config file I can change to make JBPM store variables as a CLOB ?

Thanks!
Tim