[jboss-user] [JCA] - JBoss / Oracle RAC load balancing not working as expected

6767 6767 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 12 14:22:28 EDT 2010

6767 6767 [http://community.jboss.org/people/targit] replied to the discussion

"JBoss / Oracle RAC load balancing not working as expected"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/542665#542665

In order to benefit from Oracle RAC features like fault tolerance and load balancing all you have to do is configuring the connection url with the list of Oracle hosts which belongs to the cluster.
In this example we are configuring our datasource to connect to a RAC made up of host1 and host2:

<connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@(description=(address_list=(load_balance=on)(failover=on)(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=host1)(port=1521))(address=(protocol=tcp)(host=host2)(port=1521)))(connect_data=(service_name=xxxxsid)(failover_mode=(type=select)(method=basic))))
</connection-url>

Start a new discussion in JCA at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]