[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - ClassLoading delegation

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 14 04:05:29 EDT 2010

Ales Justin [http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj] replied to the discussion

"ClassLoading delegation"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/543031#543031

> Yeah, I could make my container's parent domain point to the target application's domain. The problem is I can't change anything at target application bundle.
No, just the other way around.
Your app's parent should be container's domain.

> Is there some documentation about these demos? I ran it and got:
My first article on DZone has some very simple instructions on how to set it up:
*  http://java.dzone.com/articles/jboss-microcontainer-scanning http://java.dzone.com/articles/jboss-microcontainer-scanning (see Part 1)

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/kernel/plugins/bootstrap/basic/BasicBootstrapat org.jboss.demos.bootstrap.Main.configure(Main.java:109)
> at org.jboss.demos.bootstrap.Main.main(Main.java:54)
> at org.jboss.demos.bootstrap.Main.main(Main.java:48)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.kernel.plugins.bootstrap.basic.BasicBootstrap
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:332)
>

> Looks like a Microcontainer class. Reading the docs, seems Microcontainer doesn't have a binary release yet..
There should be no problems running this from IDE.
All MC binaries are in our maven repository.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]