[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM 4.3, Spring 2.5, Oracle, start process, process instance have a null id

Topiltzin Dominguez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 14 11:35:34 EDT 2010

Topiltzin Dominguez [http://community.jboss.org/people/topiltzin] created the discussion

"jBPM 4.3, Spring 2.5, Oracle, start process, process instance have a null id"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/543124#543124

When I try to start a new process instance, and then go to next state, the process instance its created
as I can see it in the DataBase, but the ID of the process instance is null, I need some help, why is this happenning?

The code:

ProcessInstance processInstance = getExecutionService()
        .startProcessInstanceByKey(processDefinitionId);

String processInstanceId = processInstance.getId();
logger.debug("processInstanceId: " + processInstanceId);

and ... processInstanceId is null as I can see in the DB, thanks in advance