[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Need to execute a SQL statement immediately after a connection to DB is established

Shinan Kassam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 14 15:58:25 EDT 2010

Shinan Kassam [http://community.jboss.org/people/skassam] created the discussion

"Need to execute a SQL statement immediately after a connection to DB is established"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/543157#543157

JBoss 5
SQL Anywhere 10

I would like to use the connection pooling feature in JBoss and setup a datasource.

I need to execute a SQL statement immediately after a connection to the database is made.

If I setup a datasource in JBoss how can I execute a statement right after JBoss makes the database connection?

Details of why if it matters:
Our database requires that an authentication statement (independent of db user authentication) is executed immediately after a connection is established. If this authentication statement is not executed my access to the db within this connection will be limited to read only.

TIA.

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]