[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - cache replication issues on centos

Alex Harvey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 16 23:52:40 EDT 2010

Alex Harvey [http://community.jboss.org/people/alexharv074] replied to the discussion

"cache replication issues on centos"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/543308#543308

Hi all, I am the sysadmin working with Rishabh on this.

I'd like to add that during the Tomcat startup we see two SYN packets from node A to node B being dropped by the local firewall (i.e. iptables) on an apparently random port (e.g. DPT=58317), another six from node A to node B being dropped using a different apparently random port (e.g. DPT=48800), and finally two SYN packets from node B to node A (i.e. in the remote firewall, e.g. DPT=53675).

We got everything to work by following the instructions in the following document:  http://community.jboss.org/wiki/RunTwoInstanceOfJBossInFedora http://community.jboss.org/wiki/RunTwoInstanceOfJBossInFedora which suggests we just allow all TCP and UDP ports between the two nodes. That is, however, not ideal from our security policy perspective!

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2052]