[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Jboss ws-security, client configuration

Tim de Jager do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 17 04:31:59 EDT 2010

Tim de Jager [http://community.jboss.org/people/tdejager] created the discussion

"Jboss ws-security, client configuration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/543337#543337

Hello,

I'm currently trying to secure a ws endpoint using the native jboss security stack. The server now sucessfully sign the message. I'm now trying to secure the client. It's a standalone java client using code generated by the jboss ws tool.

I tried using the following code to enable ws-security from the client:

//port object obtained via SOAPService
((StubExt)port).setSecurityConfig(securityURL.toExternalForm());
((StubExt)port).setConfigName("Standard WSSecurity Client");

This doesn't work as the 'port' object cannot be casted to a StubExt. I have generated my client code using the '-extensions' flag, could this be causing problems?

Dos anyone have any idea as to what could be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]