[jboss-user] [Javassist Development] - CtClass getNestedClasses() returns the same class when applied to an anonymous class

Dam Dam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 18 09:47:06 EDT 2010

Dam Dam [http://community.jboss.org/people/damdamdam] replied to the discussion

"CtClass getNestedClasses() returns the same class when applied to an anonymous class"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/543621#543621

Another issue about this method :

I have my anonymous class "com.bla.MyClass$1", which contains another anonymous class, which gives "com.bla.MyClass$1$1".

When I try the getNestedClasses on the first class, it returns the second class (normal I guess, because it is nested), and the first one itself (first bug explained before).

But when I try the getNestedClass on the second class "com.bla.MyClass$1$1", it returns the class itself (the same bug), BUT it returns the declaring class "com.bla.MyClass$1".  Gets me in an infinite loop !

I am trying to search where the problem comes from to fix it. If it's not possible, i would like to know if a class is an anonymous : would be great to have an isAnonymous() method on a CtClass.

Can anybody confirm me he gets the same thing ? And if it is a bug (if not, that's really weird) ?

Anyway, thanks a lot for the brilliant work, javassist helps me a lot in my everyday work !

Dam.

Start a new discussion in Javassist Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2063]