[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - JBoss 4 to JBoss 5 (JNDI question)

New Close do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 19 10:35:19 EDT 2010

New Close [http://community.jboss.org/people/new_open_close] replied to the discussion

"JBoss 4 to JBoss 5 (JNDI question)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/543876#543876

I was able to look into this some more, and reproduced the problem without using any of our legacy code.  Creating a simple SAR with a single mbean (Simple) showed the behavior.  When the mbean's "preRegister" method is invoked by the application server it calls the same code in JNDIView (used to display the names registered in "java:").  So when JBoss is first started it shows a partial list:

10:09:07,400 INFO  [Simple]
This Context name: <>
 +- SecurityProxyFactory (class: org.jboss.security.SubjectSecurityProxyFactory)
 +- app (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
 |   +- Manager (class: javax.inject.manager.Manager)
 +- comp (class: javax.namingMain.Context)
 +- timedCacheFactory (class: javax.naming.Context)
Failed to lookup: timedCacheFactory, errmsg=org.jboss.util.TimedCachePolicy

when the SAR is then "hot deployed", it shows the complete list:

10:17:23,003 INFO  [Simple]
This Context name: <>
 +- XAOracleDS (class: org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource)
 +- DefaultDS (class: org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource)
 +- policyRegistration (class: org.jboss.security.plugins.JBossPolicyRegistration)
 +- SecurityProxyFactory (class: org.jboss.security.SubjectSecurityProxyFactory)
 +- app (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
 |   +- Manager (class: javax.inject.manager.Manager)
 +- comp (class: javax.namingMain.Context)
 +- TransactionPropagationContextExporter (class: com.arjuna.ats.internal.jbossatx.jta.PropagationContextManager)
 +- TransactionManager (class: com.arjuna.ats.jbossatx.jta.TransactionManagerDelegate)
 +- timedCacheFactory (class: javax.naming.Context)
Failed to lookup: timedCacheFactory, errmsg=org.jboss.util.TimedCachePolicy
 +- ManagementView (class: org.jboss.aop.generatedproxies.AOPProxy$3)
 +- jaas (class: javax.naming.Context)
 |   +- profileservice (class: org.jboss.security.plugins.SecurityDomainContext)
 +- TransactionPropagationContextImporter (class: com.arjuna.ats.internal.jbossatx.jta.PropagationContextManager)
 +- DeploymentManager (class: org.jboss.aop.generatedproxies.AOPProxy$4)
 +- Mail (class: javax.mail.Session)
 +- TransactionSynchronizationRegistry (class: com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.TransactionSynchronizationRegistryImple)
 +- DefaultJMSProvider (class: org.jboss.jms.jndi.JNDIProviderAdapter)
 +- securityManagement (class: org.jboss.security.integration.JNDIBasedSecurityManagement)

So I'm assuming that we need to put the SAR into some type of dependency file, so that it only loads *after* the system is fully "up"?

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]