[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Error message not mentioning that external dep is missing

Tim Terlegard do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 19 11:02:33 EDT 2010

Tim Terlegard [http://community.jboss.org/people/timtejboss] created the discussion

"Error message not mentioning that external dep is missing"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/543887#543887

In JBoss 6 M3 I had a war file with a class like this

@Stateless
class A {
    private ClassInExternalDependency b;
}

When I deployed this I got the error which is in the attached file. I found out that this dependency (ClassInExternalDependency) wasn't included in my .war file, so it was my own fault. But the error message tells me nothing about it. So perhaps this error could be reported a little better.

Start a new discussion in EJB 3.0 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]