[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - Deployment ordering on HornetQ destinations and MDBs

Clebert Suconic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 19 17:14:16 EDT 2010

Clebert Suconic [http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic%40jboss.com] created the discussion

"Deployment ordering on HornetQ destinations and MDBs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/543932#543932

We have an issue where our destinations are being deployed after the MDBs on EAP 5.1 @ hornetq.

Users can define dependencies to other POJOs.. but we don't want to force users to do that, if they deploy the whole thing at the same time. We would like to have the priorities tweaks in a certain way destinations would always deploy before the MDBs if everything is together:

Here's the scenario:

The application server has:

- HornetQJMSParseDeployment that will produce JMSConfiguration which is an input for the real deployer
- HornetQJMSRealDeployer that will produce POJOs that will depend on the HornetQ Server and will produce the destinations.
- StandardJBossMetaDataDeployer (from the server project)

Up to HornetQJMSRealDeployer everything seems ok.. It's all happening before StandardJBossMetaDataDeployer, however the Bean deployed as part of the Real deployer will only be initialized after the whole deployment context was finished.

Which doesn't seem to be the same behaviour taken by AS 6.

We have created a branch of the EAP 5.1...  maybe this is an issue that was fixed later on?

 https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/branches/JBPAPP_5_1_hornetq-int/ https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/branches/JBPAPP_5_1_hornetq-int/

if you have time to reproduce the issue.. you have download this branch ^^

after building it, go to ./build/output/jboss-server/extras/hornetq

execute ./switch.sh

# we will take care of this step later
remove hornetq/examples/javaee/common/config/ant.propertie

cd build//output/jboss-server/extras/hornetq/example/javaee/bmt

ant deploy

You will see an error while deploying the MDB.

But most of the debug information I've taken is already here.

Any help would be appreciated... thanks a lot

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]