[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Fecthing the password from the jbp_users

Tridib Das do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 21 09:44:46 EDT 2010

Tridib Das [http://community.jboss.org/people/tridib197779] created the discussion

"Fecthing the password from the jbp_users"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/544219#544219

Hi All,
I want to implement the forgot password in my custom portal built on the top of jboss portal.
Once the user will submit a request for the Forgot password,
I have to fetch the current password from the jbp_uesrs table which is in encrypted mode. and have to sent a mail to the user.
can any one plz suggest me how to fetch the password from the jbp_users table and then decrypt it and send it to the user in a text format.
Please suggest me any API, which will fetch the password and decrypt it..

Thanks
Tridib

Start a new discussion in JBoss Portal at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2011]