[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Errata in jBPM User Guide

Manuel Jordan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun May 23 22:03:42 EDT 2010

Manuel Jordan [http://community.jboss.org/people/dr_pompeii] created the discussion

"Errata in jBPM User Guide"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/544401#544401

Dear Members

Reading and learning carefully from your +jBPM User Guide+ documentation
I think that I found some minimum errata

1)Section http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v4/userguide/html_single/#deployingaprocess  5.3. Deploying a process
Has its sentence

The assigned version will be one higher then the highest version number
of deployed process definitions with the same key.

I think that the bold part should be *than* and not +then+

2) Section  http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v4/userguide/html_single/#taskservice 5.7. TaskService
    has its code

long taskId = task.getId();

Set<String> variableNames = taskService.getVariableNames(taskId);
variables = taskService.getVariables(taskId, variableNames);

variables = new HashMap<String, Object>();
variables.put("category", "small");
variables.put("lires", 923874893);
taskService.setVariables(taskId, variables);

See that *variables* is used firstly to get some data but not used anymore
and then it is used to create a HashMap, is it an +error about logic+?

3) Below in the same section we have

If a task has one outgoing transition with a name then:

gtaskService.etOutcomes() returns a collection that includes only the name of the transition

it should be  *t*askService.*g*etOutcomes()

4) In section *6.2.5.3. end multiple*
 has its code

<process name="EndMultiple" xmlns="http://;jbpm.org/4/jpdl">

 <start>
 <transition to="get return code" />
 <start>

 <state name="get return code">

The bold tag is not closed, should be *+</+*start>

I not finish to read all the documentation yet, of course if I find more errata I will let you know

My Best Regards

-Manuel