[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - JBOSS and SOA

Mitja Sturm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 24 02:46:55 EDT 2010

Mitja Sturm [http://community.jboss.org/people/michasboss] created the discussion

"JBOSS and SOA"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/544423#544423

Hello

I am new in JBOSS Community and also new in using JBOSS software.
This is also the reason I have some beginner's question regarding JBOSS and the use of JBOSS tools.

In my company we are starting a big SOA project and as a project manager and SOA architect I have
the opportunity to start using opensource software to cover all activities that need to be done in an SOA project,
starting from the modeling of business processes, BPM, the use of business rules, till the implementation of services
and orchestration of services in the business process.

My question is very simple and direct.
Is JBOSS software for SOA and BPM development free? If not, which part/tools are not free and what are the costs
for an development organization and for the specific client in using JBOSS software.

Thank you for any answer.

Mitja