[jboss-user] [jBPM Development] - JBPM-2414 and JBPM-2506

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 24 03:00:30 EDT 2010

Maciej Swiderski [http://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] replied to the discussion

"JBPM-2414 and JBPM-2506"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/544429#544429

Hi HuiSheng,

Thanks for reference.

I am wondering what we could gain with this new attribute?! Since either way execution must be ended regardless of if it has timer or not. Because if we leave such execution (with timer on transition) then such execution will be fired as soon as timer goes off.
Consider following scenario:
- for creates four branches all of them goes to a task
- multiplicity on join is set to 2
- users complete first two tasks meaning join will move on with the execution - join signals based on the multiplicity - 2 execution must be joined to continue
- next users complete two remaining tasks (from the fork that are still active)
- since multiplicity is set to 2 join will execute again - which in my opinion is wrong behavior

My fix for this was ending all remaining forked execution only if multiplicity attribute was used so it does not break any other cases - as Ronald has pointed out in jira.

What do you think about it? Maybe I am missing something ... so please correct me if I am wrong.

Start a new discussion in jBPM Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2035]