[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Issues with embedded Tomcat server inside Jboss

Nina Smith do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 8 04:57:53 EST 2010

Nina Smith [http://community.jboss.org/people/vr3w3c9] created the discussion

"Issues with embedded Tomcat server inside Jboss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/569969#569969

Hi

I have an application which is deployed in Jboss-as 4.2 application server. We have apache as the web server and the webserver communicates to the application server using the mod-jk via the AJP protocol.

We have been having issues,where the embedded tomcat server in hte Jboss becomes inactive and all the request from the apache instance does not seem to communicate with the application server. We encounter this issue very often. As a workaround, we restart jboss and this resolves the communication issues between the web & application server. Can you please let us know if there is a better way to handle this? Also is there any way, we can avoid this issue?

Thanks in advance