[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: broken jboss tools - generated maven seam project?

John Franey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 9 20:56:30 EST 2010

John Franey [http://community.jboss.org/people/jjfraney] created the discussion

"Re: broken jboss tools - generated maven seam project?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/570391#570391

I've been playing with this feature over the last few weeks.  I am not a seam developer; I'm an outsider.

I see the same behavior and have a manual fix to work around.  I have not looked for or filed a bug against jboss tools.

I see the behavior in jboss tools for seam 3.2.0.v20101020-1701-H111-Beta2. I use maven 3 on the command line.

I think the normal way to build a maven project after generating by seam is to change dir to the parent directory and run maven there.

My  fix is to edit the other pom's to provide a path to the parent pom.   The poms that declare the parent project as the pom parent should be edited to look something like this:

  <parent>
    <artifactId>try3-parent</artifactId>
    <groupId>org.jjflyboy</groupId>
    <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <relativePath>../try3-parent</relativePath>
  </parent>

<project>
  ..
  <parent>
     <artifactId>your-artififact</artifactId>
     <groupId>your-group</groupId>
     <version>yyy.zzz</version>
     <relativePath>../xxxx-parent</relativePath>
  </parent>
</project>

I don't know if that is the 'Right thing' except it works.  The projects find the parent pom by the path given in the relativePath tag.  Once this is done, maven can build the project.

Have fun.