[jboss-user] [EJB3] - @Server, xmbean and attribute persistence?

John Franey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 16 12:17:41 EST 2010

John Franey [http://community.jboss.org/people/jjfraney] created the discussion

"@Server, xmbean and attribute persistence?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/571432#571432

Hi,

Using jboss 5.1.0.GA.

Can I expect that attribute persistence will work when I use the @Service annotation?

I can't verify that it works.

I look into the server/default/data directory after using the jmxconsole to set an attribute on my service, no change there.

Logs from the org.jboss.mx.persistence show when I set attributes in the AttributePersisenceService (versionTag), but no log shows when I set attributes on my service.

Using a debugger, I see a different call path between setting attributes on my service vs AttributePersistenceService.

So, I'm thinking there is something extra I need to do here.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Here is mbean class:

@Service(objectName=GlowpointManagerMBean.OBJECT_NAME,
xmbean="resource:META-INF/glowpoint-xmbean.xml")
@Remote(GlowpointManager.class)
public class GlowpointManagerMBean implements GlowpointManager {

public static final String OBJECT_NAME="telepresence:service=GlowpointIntegrationManager";

@Service(objectName=XXXManagerMBean.OBJECT_NAME,
 xmbean="resource:META-INF/xxx-xmbean.xml")
@Remote(XXXManager.class)
public class XXXManagerMBean implements XXXXManager {

 public static final String OBJECT_NAME="sample:service=XXXManager";

}

here is xxx-xmbean.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE mbean PUBLIC
   "-//JBoss//DTD JBOSS XMBEAN 1.1//EN"
   " http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss_xmbean_1_1.dtd http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss_xmbean_1_1.dtd">
<mbean>

    <description>This mbean allows for manual control and configuration</description>
    <descriptors>
      <persistence persistPolicy="OnUpdate"/>
      <persistence-manager value="org.jboss.mx.persistence.DelegatingPersistenceManager"/>
   </descriptors>

    <class>com.company.XXXManagerMBean</class>

 <attribute access="read-write" getMethod="getSyncInterval" setMethod="setSyncInterval">
      <description>Specifies interval in minutes between sync</description>
      <name>SyncInterval</name>
      <type>long</type>
      <descriptors>
        <descriptor name="persistPolicy" value="OnUpdate"/>
      </descriptors>
    </attribute>

</mbean>

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]