[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Clustering an application that uses Spring singletons

Wolf-Dieter Fink do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 17 07:05:45 EST 2010

Wolf-Dieter Fink [http://community.jboss.org/people/wdfink] created the discussion

"Re: Clustering an application that uses Spring singletons"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/571561#571561

What EJB version do you use 2.x or 3.x? It will help for an answer.

Best try is to avoid such 'stateful' behaviour ;-(
For our application (do not use spring) we found out that it will work without some caching more stable and without a performance drawback.
We have entities with a high change frequency and the data in cache are ruled out and must be loaded anyhow.

Solutions for you might be
- JBoss(Tree)Cache, replicate the state in the cluster (time gap possible because of async replication after commit)
- Special entity without caching or with the invalidation feature (EJB2 entities)
- your own implementation and a signal if it must be refreshed (we do this for master data via JMS)

Also you should think about the load-balancing, it is not ensured that two calls of SLSB in a sequence will reach the same JBoss instance in a cluster, this might produce problems if the cache-data will be not the same ...