[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Generated WSDL differs between WS Stacks. Bug?

Kurt Stam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 17 15:12:44 EST 2010

Kurt Stam [http://community.jboss.org/people/kurt.stam%40jboss.com] created the discussion

"Generated WSDL differs between WS Stacks. Bug?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/571678#571678

Hi guys,

On the Apache jUDDI project we deploy WebServices using the WebService annotation on both the interface as well as on the service implementation. For example:
> In the jUDDI project we generated our WebServices Java classes from  the WSDL using the CXF tooling. For the SecuroityService it created  annotations on the interface of:
>
> @WebService(name = "UDDI_Security_PortType", targetNamespace =  "urn:uddi-org:v3_service")
> public interface UDDISecurityPortType
>
> and on the implementation class:
>
> @WebService(serviceName="UDDISecurityService",
>             endpointInterface="org.uddi.v3_service.UDDISecurityPortType",
>             targetNamespace = "urn:uddi-org:v3_service")
> public class UDDISecurityImpl extends AuthenticatedService implements  UDDISecurityPortType
Now if this is deployed to Tomcat + CXF the generated WSDL says:
> <wsdl:service name="UDDI_Security_Port">
>   <wsdl:port binding="tns:UDDI_Security_PortSoapBinding"  name="UDDISecurityServicePort">
>     <soap:address location= http://localhost:8080/juddiv3/services/security "http://localhost:8080/juddiv3/services/security"/>
>   </wsdl:port>
> </wsdl:service>
While when deployed to JBossAS-5.1 (with JBossWS + CXF) the WSDL says:
> <wsdl:service name="UDDISecurityService">
>   <wsdl:port binding="tns:UDDISecurityServiceSoapBinding"  name="UDDISecurityImplPort">
>     <soap:address location= http://127.0.0.1:8080/juddiv3/services/security "http://127.0.0.1:8080/juddiv3/services/security"/>
>   </wsdl:port>
> </wsdl:service>
So clearly the annotations are used in different ways by the two WS  stacks (even if the CXF implementation is used in both cases).

Question:

Are the differences due to a bug, or is the spec unclear as to what to do with the Annotation MetaData? If it is a bug, which WS Stack does the right thing?

Thx,

--Kurt

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]