[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - ResourceAdapter.start

Stan Brown do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 19 19:58:56 EST 2010

Stan Brown [http://community.jboss.org/people/traffic] created the discussion

"ResourceAdapter.start"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/572062#572062

I was doing some testing with ironjacamar-1.0.0.Beta3 and I noticed that ResourceAdapter.start is called after a ManagedConnectionFactory instance is configured and after the called to ManagedConnectionFactory.setResourceAdapter.

Shouldn't ResourceAdapter.start be called before an MCF is configured (at least before setResourceAdapter is called)?  In the Connector Architecture specification it states that the start method should be called before any other object belonging to the resource adapter is used.  This is from section 5.3.5

The application server must call the start method on the ResourceAdapter JavaBean (in order to create a functional resource adapter instance), before accessing other methods on the ResourceAdapter JavaBean instance or before using other objects that belong to the same resource adapter instance.

I was doing some testing with ironjacamar-1.0.0.Beta3 and I noticed that ResourceAdapter.start is called after a ManagedConnectionFactory instance is configured and after the called to ManagedConnectionFactory.setResourceAdapter.

Shouldn't ResourceAdapter.start be called before an MCF is configured (at least before setResourceAdapter is called)?  In the connector architecture specification it states that the start method should be called before any other object belonging to the resource adapter is used.  This is from section 5.3.5:

+The application server must call the start method on the ResourceAdapter JavaBean (in order to create a functional resource adapter instance), before accessing other methods on the ResourceAdapter JavaBean instance or before using other objects that belong to the same resource adapter instance.+

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]