[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - JNDI EJB lookup in jboss5

Varsha Hardikar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 20 01:22:12 EST 2010

Varsha Hardikar [http://community.jboss.org/people/varsha7] created the discussion

"JNDI EJB lookup in jboss5"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/572067#572067

I am running into issues where I have to change the way we do ejb lookups by specifying the ear file name prefix along with the ejb name.

Is there a way in jboss 5 to bind the ejb differently so that the ear file name prefix is ignored? I want to make the code as much flexible as possible so that it is not dependent on the ear file name to lookup ejbs.

Eg:
Bean b = (Bean)ctx.lookup("myear/MyBean/local");

myear = ear file name
MyBean= ejb

I am looking for a way to not hardcode the “myear”.

Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]