[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Debugging EJBs local variables not resolved

Hans-Michael Rupp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 22 17:35:29 EST 2010

Hans-Michael Rupp [http://community.jboss.org/people/MarcusDidiusFalco] created the discussion

"Debugging EJBs local variables not resolved"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/572264#572264

JBoss 6 M5, JBoss Developer Studio 3.0 GA

I am trying to debug an EJB application.
I start the server with

set JAVA_OPTS=-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n %JAVA_OPTS%

I have a Debug configuration :
Connection Type: Standard (Socket Attach)
Host: localhost
Port 8787

When I set breakpoints in EJBs and run this configuration, the application stops at the breakpoint
BUT
in EJBs no local variables are displayed, only instance variables and the method arguments (named arg1 ... argn).
When I try to add a local variable to the Expressions it cannot be resolved.

Any ideas how this problem could be solved would be welcome.

Hans