[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Re: ResourceAdapter.start

Jesper Pedersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 24 10:25:08 EST 2010

Jesper Pedersen [http://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen] created the discussion

"Re: ResourceAdapter.start"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/572804#572804

AS 7 --  http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads
> This has never been an issue with any application server
The spec states (5.3.2):
+
+
> +"Prior to using a ManagedConnectionFactory JavaBean, the application server
> must create an association between the ManagedConnectionFactory JavaBean and
> a ResourceAdapter JavaBean, by calling the setResourceAdapter method on
> the ManagedConnectionFactory JavaBean. A successful association is established
> only when the setResourceAdapter method on the
> ManagedConnectionFactory JavaBean returns without throwing an exception."+
and (5.3.3):

> +"Prior to using an ActivationSpec JavaBean, the application server must create an
> association between the ActivationSpec JavaBean and a ResourceAdapter
> JavaBean, by calling the setResourceAdapter method on the ActivationSpec
> JavaBean. A successful association is established only when the
> setResourceAdapter method on the ActivationSpec JavaBean returns without
> throwing an exception."+
Since the start() method may interact with these components the association have to happen before calling the method. IronJacamar is more strict towards the spec than our earlier implementations -- just take a look at the validator chain which will fail resource adapters that doesn't comply to the spec.

As to the other vendors - you will have to discuss this issue with them.

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]