[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Re: Embedded JCA with Glassfish

Jesper Pedersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 30 11:44:03 EST 2010

Jesper Pedersen [http://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen] created the discussion

"Re: Embedded JCA with Glassfish"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/573682#573682

> I could see the bindings of the different tx beans (UserTransaction,  TransactionPropagationContextImporter,  TransactionPropagationContextExporter,  TransactionSynchronizationRegistry, TransactionManager) in the JNDI tree

The transaction manager integration is special, since it implements a JBoss specific SPI that IronJacamar is using. But we can get back to that later.
> I still get the NotSerializableException from org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.ccm.CachedConnectionManager

Ah, yes - I see the problem - the Glassfish naming implementation is more strict  :)

Any chance that you could checkut our code and create a patch ?  You'll need to start from AbstractConnectionManager and work your way out.

There are some instructions here:  http://docs.jboss.org/ironjacamar/developerguide/en/html/building.html http://docs.jboss.org/ironjacamar/developerguide/en/html/building.html

You could start by making a test case that tries to serialize the NoTxConnectionManager to a byte stream and read it in again.

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]