[jboss-user] mvn fails with EJB3 tutorial

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Mon Oct 11 01:57:52 EDT 2010

So, I don't know if I have something improperly configured, or if something
changed with the EJB3 tutorial.

http://docs.jboss.org/ejb3/docs/tutorial/1.0.7/html_single/index.html

I downloaded the tutorial, set my environment variables.

export JBOSS_HOME=/home/brian/pkg/jboss-5.1.0.GA
export EJB3_TUTORIAL_HOME=/home/brian/pkg/ejb3/source

Then I run maven as described and it complains that it can't download a pom
as seen below. I am not sure what to make of this. Any suggestions?

$ mvn clean install -PRunSingleTutorial
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/jboss/ejb3/jboss-ejb3-tutorial-build/0.1.0/jboss-ejb3-tutorial-build-0.1.0.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'org.jboss.ejb3:jboss-ejb3-tutorial-build:pom:0.1.0' in repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)