[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Re: JBoss 5.1 -> 4.2 compatibility: javax.naming.Reference cannot be cast to javax.jms.Queue

Jesse Sweetland do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 11 10:52:18 EDT 2010

Jesse Sweetland [http://community.jboss.org/people/sweetlandj] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss 5.1 -> 4.2 compatibility: javax.naming.Reference cannot be cast to javax.jms.Queue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/565851#565851

This was posted some time ago, but it comes up as one of the top results on a Google search, so I thought I'd post a reply to save others some time.  I had this same issue until I copied jbossmq.jar (from JBoss 4.2.x) into my JBoss 5 $SERVER/lib directory.  The hint came from the JBoss Messaging installation guide, section 4.6.1, found here:

 http://docs.jboss.org/jbossmessaging/docs/userguide-1.4.1.GA/html/installation.html http://docs.jboss.org/jbossmessaging/docs/userguide-1.4.1.GA/html/installation.html

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]