[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - No error reported when sending to nonexistent queue with core API

Karl Hennig do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 11 20:13:12 EDT 2010

Karl Hennig [http://community.jboss.org/people/karlicontrol] created the discussion

"No error reported when sending to nonexistent queue with core API"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/565962#565962

Hi,

I began using HornetQ today and have encountered what I think is an odd inconsistency:

-- When using the JMS API, if I use a producer to send a message to a nonexistent queue, I get an exception
-- When using the HornetQ core API, if I do the same thing, I get no exception

Is this a bug or do I need to alter the configuration?  Both tests had the same broker configs.

Furthermore, I don't understand why when using the HornetQ API the session is not started until after the producer does its send.

What I really want is to be informed (via exception) if the producer's send is not completely acknowledged by the broker as having been placed on the queue properly.  Do I need to disable more optimizations?  I have already set blocking on durable/nondurable send to true.

Thank you for any help.
Karl

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]