[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Re: classCastException while casting ejb Home's proxy.

Manoj Dhanji do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 17 13:33:38 EDT 2010

Manoj Dhanji [http://community.jboss.org/people/manojramesh] created the discussion

"Re: classCastException while casting ejb Home's proxy."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/566852#566852

Thanks a lot
I was facing the same (classloading) problem in JBoss 4.0.4; removing interface binaries from web-inf/lib worked. Since the *war* is a part of the *ear* the *war* has access to interface class definitions.

What if we the requirement was to deploy the *war* outside of the *ear* in the same jboss server?
1. The *war* would then need the interfaces, right?
2. On a similar note when the *war* and *ear* are deployed as 2 separate applications (same jboss server) could a servlet in the *war* still use 'local ejb interfaces' in the *ear*.
There are 2 archives now - each residing in its own container (war: web-container & ear: ejb-container) but the 2 containers still share *one jvm*. My point is the servlet in the *war* and the ejb component(s) in the *ear* are still collocated in the same jvm.

Thanks in advance

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]