[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - JBoss 4.2 high thread consumption

Jean-Pierre saintagne do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 18 04:41:26 EDT 2010

Jean-Pierre saintagne [http://community.jboss.org/people/isagarran] created the discussion

"JBoss 4.2 high thread consumption"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/566894#566894

Hello,
I'm rather new on JBoss and I saw momething that i identified as a strange behaviour for JBoss ... and perhaps a malfunction.
JBoss is consuming when i follow the activeThreadCount an increasing number of threads hence i have no longer any activity in the JVM.
For example, i have an activity in the morning then at lunch, no one is working, and the number of threads is not going down. When the activity restart, the number of threads is raising.
I checked the JDBC connection pool and i have only the minimum pool settings that is connected to Oracle (15 connections . i checked them using lsof)
I issued the "kill -3 " command and i had 1850 threads and 1600 threads were  RequestProcessor threads. I've no idea of what could be these kind of threads and why they are so numberous.
Could you help me and tell me if it is a corrct behaviour and tell me also where i should dig to remove this problem is it is ?
JBoss 4.2 - AIX - JDK 6 SR7 - Only EJB inside this instance, jdbc connection pool.
regards
isagarran

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]