[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - PermGen not freed up even after stopping jboss cache / application

Anirudha Joshi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 19 18:55:55 EDT 2010

Anirudha Joshi [http://community.jboss.org/people/annijos] created the discussion

"PermGen not freed up even after stopping jboss cache / application"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/567296#567296

Hi,

Our application loads lot of data in the POJO cache. Both heap and non heap space is used heavily. BUT we observed that permgen (non-heap) is not getting released/freed-up even after stopping the jboss cache (stop() ) OR destroying the cache (destroy()) OR even after manually stopping the application from weblogic console. Looks like there are some memory leaks. From the JMX Console I see that number of nodes in the cache is reset back to 0.

We have a requirement to clean the cache every day without stopping the application or restarting the servers.

Is there any way to achieve this? Can someone please help?

Regards,
Anirudha

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2052]