[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to start processes by events (queue)?

Marcel Maschke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 20 07:27:07 EDT 2010

Marcel Maschke [http://community.jboss.org/people/mash] created the discussion

"How to start processes by events (queue)?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/567387#567387

Hi,

i am quite new to jBPM (using 4.3). I implemented a process connected it with drools and can start the process by ExecutionService and the rules are working. So far so good. I read the jBPM documentation and have a few questions concerning events. But my understanding is that events are triggered by reaching a section of a node (enter, leave).

But I need the other way round. For example start events by an event queue. The solution shall be as simple as possible. I found something with ESB but i don't want to use it if it isn't necessary. I didn't find another solution yet. Do you have any hint or tutorial? Is there any out-of-the-Box solution working with Java SE?

Thx!