[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: java.util.logging to Log4j mapping

Eleni S, do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 21 05:13:57 EDT 2010

Eleni S, [http://community.jboss.org/people/kargi] created the discussion

"Re: java.util.logging to Log4j mapping"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/567619#567619

> David Lloyd wrote:
>
> This is because we don't directly support JDK logging in this version of AS.  If you're feeling adventurous, you could try pulling in the jboss-logbridge project, and installing its handler into your JDK logging root logger, and it should port over log messages for you.
>
> It should be clear how this works from the source code.  You can check out jboss-logbridge from this link:  http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/common/jboss-logbridge/tags/1.0.0.GA/ http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/common/jboss-logbridge/tags/1.0.0.GA/
>
> It is also in Maven here:  https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/org/jboss/logbridge/jboss-logbridge/1.0.0.GA/jboss-logbridge-1.0.0.GA.jar https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/org/jboss/logbridge/jboss-logbridge/1.0.0.GA/jboss-logbridge-1.0.0.GA.jar
I have tried unsuccessfully to be adventurous with the logbridge-project:)
Can you give any more hints how to configure jboss to use the LogBridgeHandler instead of the ConsoleHandler? Or have I misunderstood the whole thing?

Thanks