[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - SOAPFaultException: Could not deserialize Soap message

Nic Essling do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 22 05:55:06 EDT 2010

Nic Essling [http://community.jboss.org/people/cblumenro] created the discussion

"SOAPFaultException: Could not deserialize Soap message"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/567830#567830

All,

via JBoss Dev Studio (using  I created a client for a Web Service based on  a wsdl file as described in
 http://docs.jboss.org/tools/3.1.0.GA/en/ws_ref_guide/html/client.html http://docs.jboss.org/tools/3.1.0.GA/en/ws_ref_guide/html/client.html.
The generator creates also a client sample. Running this client as a Java application and calling  the remote web service from within this client works perfectly fine. Now  I wanted to call the web service from within a Seam component that is  called by a form within a facelet. I use the same code as in the  stand-alone client's main method, but this time I get this error:

15:33:35,223 ERROR [CommonClient] Exception caught while (preparing for) performing the invocation:
javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: Could not deserialize Soap message
at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.SOAPFaultHelperJAXWS.getSOAPFaultException(SOAPFaultHelperJAXWS.java:84)
at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.binding.SOAP11BindingJAXWS.throwFaultException(SOAP11BindingJAXWS.java:107)
at org.jboss.ws.core.CommonSOAPBinding.unbindResponseMessage(CommonSOAPBinding.java:558)
at org.jboss.ws.core.CommonClient.invoke(CommonClient.java:373)
at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:231)
at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientProxy.invoke(ClientProxy.java:162)
at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientProxy.invoke(ClientProxy.java:148)
at $Proxy224.login(Unknown Source)

Any idea why the SOAP message cannot be deserialized in this case?

Maybe another thing is worth mentioning:
Running in the app server when I instantiate the web service client by calling

WebService service = new WebService();

I get

10:01:08,850 WARN  [WSDL11Reader] Unprocessed extension element: { http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/ http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/}address
10:01:08,875 WARN  [WSDL11Reader] Unprocessed extension element: { http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/ http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/}address

which I do not get, if I run this from the sample client as stand-alone Java app.

As I'm stuck at the moment I greatly appreaciate any help!

Thanks

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]