[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Log4j waring when testing jBPM

Tariq S do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 28 16:59:52 EDT 2010

tii [http://community.jboss.org/people/tii] created the discussion

"Log4j waring when testing jBPM"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/568891#568891

If my question is about Hello example you can understand my level of experience with jBoss/jBPM.
I have setup eclipse-3.6 (Helios) and jBoss-5.1.0-GA with jBPM-3.2.7 using its installer (Could not install jBPM-4.4). Followed  http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v3/gpd/index.html http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v3/gpd/index.html to build the sample Hello project. Junit tests seem to be working fine except that I am getting following log4j warnings. I tried to place log4j.properties files at different places without success. How can I fix this?
    *log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.jbpm.JbpmConfiguration).    log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.*

Also, I am able to see the login screen from  http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console but can not login since I don't have any login(s).
I tried to read and understand  http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-11142 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/jBPM3GettingStarted and will try websale project, in example folder,
but not sure where the data is coming from/populated. The site does not mention this.
I will appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.