[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Re: Unable to override JNDI name for session bean

Greg Thorburn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 2 01:39:38 EDT 2010

Greg Thorburn [http://community.jboss.org/people/gthorburn] created the discussion

"Re: Unable to override JNDI name for session bean"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/560140#560140

We also encounted a similar problem when migrating EJB2.1 to EJB3.0 (and  WSAD 5.1.2 -> Eclipse Galileo).  Addition of the JBoss.xml to the  projects META-INF folder was our solution.  We only have use local  business interfaces, and the JBoss.xml looks like the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jboss xmlns:xalan=" http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/ http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/">
    <enterprise-beans>
        <session>
            <ejb-name>TestBean</ejb-name>
            <local-jndi-name>ejb/TestBean</local-jndi-name>
        </session>
    </enterprise-beans>
</jboss>

The <local-jndi-name> can then be used in the InitialContext lookup, without having to use the "<AppName>/BeanName" format that is the default format (JBoss 5.1.0).

Regards,

Greg

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]