[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - enhance IntelliSense of hql-editor

nimo stephan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 2 03:59:07 EDT 2010

nimo stephan [http://community.jboss.org/people/nimo22] created the discussion

"enhance IntelliSense of hql-editor"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/560161#560161

I have found out that the intellisense of hql-editor does not contain all sql-statements.

For example: SQL Date and Time Functions (adapted from  http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/0211yip/0211yip3.html http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/0211yip/0211yip3.html)

| DAYNAME | Returns a mixed case character string containing the name of the day (e.g., Friday) for the day portion of the argument. |
| DAYOFWEEK | Returns the day of the week in the argument as an integer value in the range 1-7, where 1 represents Sunday. |
| DAYOFWEEK_ISO | Returns the day of the week in the argument as an integer value in the range 1-7, where 1 represents Monday. |
| DAYOFYEAR | Returns the day of the year in the argument as an integer value in the range 1-366. |
| DAYS | Returns an integer representation of a date. |
| JULIAN_DAY | Returns  an integer value representing the number of days from January 1, 4712  B.C. (the start of Julian date calendar) to the date value specified in  the argument. |
| MIDNIGHT_SECONDS | Returns  an integer value in the range 0 to 86 400 representing the number of  seconds between midnight and the time value specified in the argument. |
| MONTHNAME | Returns a mixed case character string containing the name of month (e.g., January) for the month portion of the argument. |
| TIMESTAMP_ISO | Returns a timestamp value based on date, time or timestamp argument. |
| TIMESTAMP_FORMAT | Returns a timestamp from a character string that has been interpreted using a character template. |
| TIMESTAMPDIFF | Returns  an estimated number of intervals of the type defined by the first  argument, based on the difference between two timestamps. |
| TO_CHAR | Returns  a character representation of a timestamp that has been formatted using  a character template. TO_CHAR is a synonym for VARCHAR_FORMAT. |
| TO_DATE | Returns  a timestamp from a character string that has been inter-preted using a  character template. TO_DATE is a synonym for TIMESTAMP_FORMAT. |
| WEEK | Returns the week of the year of the argument as an integer value in range 1-54. The week starts with Sunday. |
| WEEK_ISO |

I guess, these are sql-functions independent from the database-provider. So would be nice to adapt these into the intellisense from hql-editor.