[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Override portlet security

Chetan Aggarwal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 2 10:05:27 EDT 2010

Chetan Aggarwal [http://community.jboss.org/people/chetan_aggarwal_in] created the discussion

"Override portlet security"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/560252#560252

Hi,

I have jboss portal application deployed as myapp.war file. WAR contains all XMLs files like -object.xml, -instances.xml and other required XML files.

I have copied myapp.war in deploy folder. It has one portlet "HelloWorld" available to role1.

Now my requirement is that i want to assign "HelloWorld" portlelt also available to role2 as well but i do not want to rebuild or redeploy the binary so i can not change XML files inside WAR file.

I was trying to create an external modifications-instance.xml in which i will assign same "HelloWorld" reference to role2 and copy XML in deploy folder. This is not working.

Can any one suggest a better alternative ?

Thanks and Regards
Chetan

Start a new discussion in JBoss Portal at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2011]