[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Is background connection validation without on-the-fly validation possible?

Bojan Dolinar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 9 10:58:10 EDT 2010

Bojan Dolinar [http://community.jboss.org/people/bodzolca] created the discussion

"Is background connection validation without on-the-fly validation possible?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/560596#560596

Hi!

I want background validation only and I expected this to be the motivation for background-validation tag. When enabled, however, this option works only with check-valid-connection-sql, but this always comes with validation on connection check-out. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of background-validation? What am I missing?

I'm using JBoss AS 4.2.2.GA.

This is part of configuration that I'm using:
<idle-timeout-minutes>5</idle-timeout-minutes>
<!-- Validation works only when next line is not commented, but validation also happens at connection check-out -->
<!--<check-valid-connection-sql>select count(*) from gu_gemaSystemSettings</check-valid-connection-sql>-->
<background-validation>true</background-validation>
<background-validation-minutes>1</background-validation-minutes>

Thx for help!

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]