[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Swimlanes and Task Assignements

Mehmet Salgar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 15 06:09:06 EDT 2010

Mehmet Salgar [http://community.jboss.org/people/speleomaniac] created the discussion

"Swimlanes and Task Assignements"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/561487#561487

Hi everybody,

I want to ask you something about swimlanes and task assignements....

I have a following swimlane definition

So when I define that a task should be assigned to swimlane 'Marketing' is jbpm engine would enforce that only the members of the group 'Marketing' would see that and the task can only be assigned to the members of the group 'Marketing'....

But that is not the behaviour that I am seeing at the jbpm-console but I am not sure that is not the functionality of the jbpm console or jbpm engine is not trying to enforce this at all....

When I debug, I notice that the task gets the Actor Pool 'Marketing' but no other enforcing action is there, I can even assign an user from another group.....

I have now difficulties to understand the existence reasons for swimlanes....If swimlanes are not there to enforce which users are assignable for a task, why do we need it?

Thx for the answers...