[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - How to create trustore to authenticate client?

Carlos Oliva do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 15 11:00:35 EDT 2010

Carlos Oliva [http://community.jboss.org/people/ramboid] created the discussion

"How to create trustore to authenticate client?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/562007#562007

Is it sufficient to add the root certificate of the CA signing authority to the trustore or shoule I add the entire client certificate to the truststore?  My JBoss AS has a CA signed SSL certificate and web applications work fine over SSL.  I woudl like to ensure that a client that calls the web application has a certificate signed by a CA authority.  These clients happen to be web applications that connect from remote JBoss servers that are configured to work over SSL with either self-signed or CA verified certificates.

I can configure the server.xml with clientAuth=true and define a trustore.  I am just unsure about the certificates that I must import into the trustore.