[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Jboss Messaging :configure Queue and Topics in destinations-service.xml

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 16 11:22:20 EDT 2010

Peter Johnson [http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj] created the discussion

"Re: Jboss Messaging :configure Queue and Topics in destinations-service.xml"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/562212#562212

Why do you have a 'depends' on the DestinationManager and SecurityManager? Those were needed for JBossMQ, but are not used with JBoss Messaging, so remove them. Take a look at the example destinations at docs/examples/jms/destinations-service.xml to see how destinations are defined for JBoss Messaging.

>>My destinations-service.xml is unsder "jboss-4.3.0\server\MySiteServer\deploy\jboss-messaging.sar" , not in deploy directory of jboss. Is it right place to configure destination queue and topics ??
Well, you could place it there, but I wouldn't. That directory is specifically for filles related to the JBoss Messaging server. Your destination file, however, is your own file to support your application. I recommend placing it in deploy.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]