[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - What version of JBossAS " just works" ?

gibsonc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 20 10:34:32 EDT 2010

gibsonc [http://community.jboss.org/people/gibsonc] created the discussion

"What version of JBossAS "just works"?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/562691#562691

Hi all

We have been running a lot of Glassfish boxes for some time. For quite obvious reasons we have decided to look at our environment and see if JBoss would not maybe be a better fit going forward.

I have got the basics working fine - deploying 5.1.0GA. Then I wanted to do simple things like remote JMX, and ran into classloader issues which I managed to fix after a lot of forum trawling. Now I have been asked to test JBoss Operations Network (downloaded the evaluation) and started my pain all over again. I can discover everything but run into  https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JOPR-316 https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JOPR-316
I get the feeling that a lot of issues (a few with workarounds) have been fixed in 6, but those are still milestones so it would be suicide to put that into production. Do I rather fall back to version 4?

What community versions are considered to be "production ready", that have all the tools integrated and just work?

We will most likely go onto the subscription version eventually, but not until we can get a complete environment installed and can prove to management that the move is warranted.

Regards
Craig