[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to pass a variable value to java task

Jeen Geevar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 20 15:15:39 EDT 2010

Jeen Geevar [http://community.jboss.org/people/jeen007] created the discussion

"How to pass a variable value to java task"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/562756#562756

Hello there,

I am a new user to JBPM and I am trying out deploying a process with couple of java task interconnected. Very much similar to the example given in the user guide JohnDoe and JohnSmoe doing hand shake.

My question is, how do you configure the process xml to pass variable values? The example given in the user guide passes a value "I am fine" as the greeting which is statically embeded in the process xml. I am looking for something which allows one task to communicate with other task.

e.g Receive Order Task should pass on the order number to Validate Order task. How to accomplish that.

Really appreciate your time and your suggestions.

Regards,
Jeen