[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - create a two member cluster - jboss-eap-5.0.1

sree g do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 21 04:44:11 EDT 2010

sree g [http://community.jboss.org/people/sreeg88] created the discussion

"create a two member cluster - jboss-eap-5.0.1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/562839#562839

Hi,

Iam very much new to jboss and need some help to create a cluster in jboss-eap5.0.1 .

I am trying to cluster two nodes running on the same machine using tcp. I could do it  successfully but the problem am facing is that when i start the third server instance on the same machine ,that instance is also becoming part of the cluster which is not intended .
Here are the steps i followed . Please let me know where i went wrong :

1. created 3 copies of all configureation in JBOSS_HOME/server directory  and named as node1,node2 and node3 and changed the port offset in JBOSS_HOME/server/<conf>/conf/bindingservice.beans/META-INF/bindings-jboss-beans.xml in all the three so that i can start 3 of them symultaneously without port conflicts

2. I tried  to cluster node1 and node2. For this i made following changes in deploy/cluster folder of both node1 and node2:

        i. in jgroups-channelfactory.sar/META-INF/jgroups-channelfactory-stackes.xml, commented all the stackes except tcp stack , jbm-control and jbm-data. .In "intial_hosts" attribute of TCPPING, pointed  to the hosts that are part of cluster and set "num_initial_members" to two (Please find attached file jroups-channelfactory-stacks.xml where i made changes  )

      Now i tried to start the node1 and node2 using following command :
     run.sh -c <nodename>  -g mycluster -Djboss.default.jgroups.stack=tcp -Djgroups.bind.addr=<my machine's ip address>

  I can see that both are detecting each other from this message logging in server.log :
  INFO [org.jboss.messaging.core.impl.postoffice.GroupMmeber] (main) All Members :2

3. But the moment i start node3 (run.sh -c node3 -b <my machine's ip address>)  , this is also becoming part of cluster, from the log, am seeing this message :
  INFO [org.jboss.messaging.core.impl.portoffice.GroupMember] (main) All Members:3

Please tell me what is the issue here and how to create exactly two membered cluster . Also please provide me a link where i can find document on jboss clustering (from very basics)

-Thank you

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]