[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Seam Generate Entities : classe not found

Philippe Leménager do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 24 06:05:06 EDT 2010

Philippe Leménager [http://community.jboss.org/people/cinephil] created the discussion

"Seam Generate Entities : classe not found"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/563486#563486

Hello Seamians !  :)

I've encountered some difficulties to create a Seam Web Project for Tomcat 6 using JBoss Tools but I've finally succeded and could see the "Welcome to Seam" page. You can see the operations on my  http://blog.developpez.com/cinephil/p9314/java/jboss-seam/creer-un-projet-seam-pour-tomcat-6-avec/ blog (in French).

Next step, I've a simple test MySQL database with only one very simple table called users.

I've used the JBoss Tools command "Seam Generate Entities" and a Users.java class has been created in src/org.domain.projettest.entity.
There was an error signaled at the @Entity annotation in the class : "This mapped class is not specified in persistence unit “hibernate”" and I've found the solution on  http://edemmorny.wordpress.com/2009/04/28/using-eclipse-dali-with-hibernate-as-persistence-provider/ Edem Morny's Tech Blog to resume the error.

But now my project is not accessible. I have these errors in the console :
GRAVE: Exception lors de l'envoi de l'évènement contexte initialisé  (context initialized) à l'instance de classe d'écoute (listener)  org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener
 org.jboss.seam.InstantiationException: Could not instantiate Seam component: entityManagerFactory
 Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: [PersistenceUnit: projettest] class or package not found
 at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.addNamedAnnotatedClasses(Ejb3Configuration.java:1093)
 Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.domain.projettest.entity.Users

What's wrong ?