[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: What version of JBossAS " just works" ?

jaikiran pai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 29 07:29:07 EDT 2010

jaikiran pai [http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran] created the discussion

"Re: What version of JBossAS "just works"?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/563907#563907

> gibsonc wrote:
>
> Hi all
>
> I have got the basics working fine - deploying 5.1.0GA. Then I wanted to do simple things like remote JMX, and ran into classloader issues which I managed to fix after a lot of forum trawling. Now I have been asked to test JBoss Operations Network (downloaded the evaluation) and started my pain all over again. I can discover everything but run into  https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JOPR-316 https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JOPR-316
> I get the feeling that a lot of issues (a few with workarounds) have been fixed in 6, but those are still milestones so it would be suicide to put that into production. Do I rather fall back to version 4?
>
> What community versions are considered to be "production ready", that have all the tools integrated and just work?

The latest stable community version is JBoss AS 5.1.0. But as you see it has some specific issues too. Depending on your application, you might run into issues with any community version that's available. But if you are thinking of going for subscription, then it's better to start using an evaluation copy of the EAP (enterprise) version  http://www.jboss.com/products/platforms/application/ http://www.jboss.com/products/platforms/application/